Welcome to the family ministries page! Learn about the family ministry of First Baptist Church Kyle and discover resources to equip and strengthen your family.
The family ministry exists to equip families with the spiritual knowledge and training to establish a biblically Christian home.
Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we will live faithfully in our community in order to touch each heart and home with the faith, hope and love of Jesus Christ.
- We value the home as defined by Scripture. (Genesis 2:24 )
- We value the man as the spiritual leader of the household. (1 Peter 3:7-9 )
- We value the biblical model for raising children. (Deuteronomy 6:4-7 )
- We value children’s obedience to their parents in the Lord. (Ephesians 6:1-3 )
- We value Christ-centered ministry that is compassionate, purposeful and personal. (Matthew 25:40 )
- We value the authority of the Bible as the perfect and inspired Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16 )
- We value discipleship that leads to maturity in Christ and prepares believers for service through sound biblical teaching. (Ephesians 4:12-13 )
- We value prayer that selflessly seeks God and His will. (James 5:16 )
- We value the cheerful, sacrificial and consistent giving of our time, talents and money. (2 Corinthians 9:7 )
- We value Christ-like fellowship that provides for the spiritual and physical needs of others to promote unity in the body of Christ. (Acts 2:43-47 )
What Is A Biblically Christian Home?
A Biblically Christian home is where each lives for the other and all live in Christ Jesus. The Lord is our Savior and Life, producing His fruit in us to have the peace, love, joy, and all the other fruits of the Holy Spirit continually. A Biblically Christian home is intentional.
Equipping Your Family
First Baptist Church Kyle equips families in many ways, including:
- Retreats and Vacations
Family Verse of the Week (October 14 - October 20)
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength."
(Deuteronomy 6:5 )
Take advantage of this free online resource available to you and your family. Find thousands of Bible studies, movies, and helps to explore! To request access, contact the church office. The church's contact information can be found on the About Us > Contact Us web page located here.
Online Family Resources
See below for a summary of online resources available to strengthen you and your family.
- The Courage
- SBTC Family Ministries
- HomePoint (a family ministry of Lakepointe Church)
- Focus on the Family
- Christ Is Life Ministries
- National Center for Biblical Parenting
- Christian Answers
- desiring God
- Leader In Training (L.I.T.)
- BGCO Family Ministries
Family Resources Bookshelf
For those of you that prefer physical books over online resources, check out our family resources bookshelf in the hospitality room at the back of the Sanctuary. Sign the checkout sheet and keep as long as you'd like.
There are no current classes, but check back soon!
There are no upcoming conferences currently planned, but check back soon!
Retreats and Vacations
There are no retreats or vacations currently planned, but check back soon!
There are no current events, but check back soon!
If you have any questions regarding family ministries at First Baptist Church Kyle, please contact our Minister of Discipleship and Family Ministry, Chris Robbins.
Minister of Discipleship and Family Ministry