2 Yrs through 6th Grade
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
First Baptist Church Kyle
Edu. Bldg., Room E106 (2s and 3s)
Edu. Bldg., Room E108 (Pre-K/Kinder)
Edu. Bldg., Room E105 (1st-3rd)
Edu. Bldg., Room E103 (4th-6th)
Childrens Sunday School is one of the eleven recognized lifestage small groups at First Baptist Church Kyle. The primary mission of Sunday School is for children to gain a deeper understanding of God's word and then learn how to apply it in practical ways in their everyday lives. Children's Sunday School classes meet each Sunday morning before morning worship and is for children from age 2 through 6th grade. First Baptist Church Kyle uses Lifeway's "Bible Studies For Life: Kids" curriculum. Read on for more details.
Bible Studies For Life: Kids
The "Bible Studies For Life: Kids" curriculum utilizes the "Levels of Biblical Learning" teaching framework to provide age-appropriate experiences for kids at every age and stage of development. Each weekly lesson is designed to teach kids to:
- Apply the Bible to real life through Bible stories that guide them in decisions and teach them how to honor God throughout their day-to-day lives
- Reach biblical milestones through the Levels of Biblical Learning, a proven framework for growth in God's Word from birth through sixth grade
- Engage in discipleship through the weekly practice of Bible skills, study, Scripture memorization, and missional awareness
To learn more about Lifeway's "Bible Studies For Life: Kids" curriculum, visit their website here .
Levels of Biblical Learning
The "Levels of Biblical Learning" teaching framework covers ten biblical concept areas that children learn as they study God's Word. The ten concept areas are: God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Salvation, Creation, Church, People, Family, and Community & World. These concept areas are presented through six different age ranges, from infancy through the pre-teen years, and reflect levels of understanding that follow how God designed children to learn.
To learn more about Lifeway's "Levels of Biblical Learning" teaching framework, visit their website here .
Winter 2018/2019 Study Plan (December through February)
The children are currently studying materials from the Winter 2018/2019 quarterly study plan. The units of study and their corresponding sessions are summarized below.
UNIT 1: JESUS WAS BORN
- Session 1: Prophets Told About Jesus (December 2, 2018)
- Session 2: Angels Spoke to Mary and Joseph (December 9, 2018)
- Session 3: Mary Visited Elizabeth (December 16, 2018)
- Session 4: Jesus Was Born (December 23, 2018)
- Session 5: Wise Men Visited Jesus (December 30, 2018)
UNIT 2: GOD HELPS PEOPLE
- Session 1: Joseph's Early Life (January 6, 2019)
- Session 2: Joseph Interpreted Dreams (January 13, 2019)
- Session 3: Joseph Worked for Pharaoh (January 20, 2019)
- Session 4: Joseph Forgave His Brothers (January 27, 2019)
UNIT 3: THE BIBLE IS MY GUIDE
- Session 1: Josiah Read God's Word (February 3, 2019)
- Session 2: Ezra Read God's Word (February 10, 2019)
- Session 3: Esther Chose Courage (February 17, 2019)
- Session 4: Daniel's Choice (February 24, 2019)
If you have any questions regarding these programs or would like additional information, please contact our Children's Director, Kelly Opiela.